food

food

Sunday 11 September 2011

#3 Quick and Easy Sticky Toffee Puddings

I got this recipe from my friend Amanda. She cooked them for a dinner party one night and I couldn't believe how tasty they were, considering how incredibly easy they were to make!! Couldn't get over it so I asked for the recipe, and here it is. I cannot recommend it highly enough - if you're needing a quick fix or suddenly realise you've run out of time for a pudding for a meal at your friends house, go for these. They look impressive, taste delicious and couldn't be easier.

Ingredients:

150-200grams of dates, chopped
1 Teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
375ml boiling water
60grams butter
220gram brown sugar
130grams self-raising flour
2 eggs

Method:

Pre-heat the oven to around 180degrees (C).
Place dates and bicarbonate of soda into a food processor, add the water, place the lid on and allow to sit for five minutes - this should make the dates soften.
Chop the butter and add it to the mix, and pulse it until the dates are coarsely chopped and the butter has melted.
Add the remaining ingredients, and pulse until mixed.
Pour the mixture into a pan - either a 20cm diameter cake tin, or into individual muffin cases. I like to do individuals cos I think it's just a nicer way of presenting them, especially if it's at a dinner party or something. Little individual desserts are always nice!!

For the Sauce:

220grams brown sugar
110grams butter


Combine all the ingredients in a small saucepan, slowly melt, and then bring to the boil. Let it stand for a few minutes before serving by pouring over the delicious mini sticky toffee puds!! Yum. I fancy making it now actually! Will post a picture next time I make em.

No comments:

Post a Comment